Florian Leonhard Fine Violins is a limited company specialising in the making, restoring, sourcing and authentication of fine stringed instruments.
At Florian Leonhard Fine Violins we are committed to protecting and respecting your personal data and privacy. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, Florian Leonhard Fine Violins is a data controller at 3 Frognal Lane, London, NW3 7DY.
Information that we collect from you
We collect your information when you voluntarily submit it to us. This is usually when you fill in the contact form on our website; in person when you bring an instrument for repair or appraisal; meet with one of our team at an event around the world; or email or telephone us. The information we collect from you and process may include:
- Contact details including name, address, email address and telephone number.
- Bank details if we need to pay you, for example if we sell an instrument that belongs to you.
- Details of your insurance policy, if you as the policy holder ask us to send a valuation of your instrument to an insurance company on your behalf.
- A copy of your ID if you take an instrument on approval, for insurance purposes.
- Information in correspondence via email, mail, telephone, or messages via a third-party website such as Facebook or Instagram.
How we use your information
We have a number of lawful reasons that we collect, use and store your information. Often, the processing of your data is necessary for the performance of a contract; otherwise the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests as a data controller, unless these are overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms.
The reasons we process your data are:
- So that we can respond to any enquiries that are made via our website, email, telephone, or a third-party website such as Facebook or Instagram.
- To issue invoices, statements, insurance valuations, and consignment agreements, and keep a record of these. We do this in case you need the information for an insurance claim, want to trade in or sell your instrument, and so that we can keep track of our sales and market values.
- For accounting purposes, because we use the VAT margin scheme.
- To keep you informed of any upcoming events that you may be interested in, for example if you are on our House Concert mailing list.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as we are in active communication with you. If we have not had any active communication for a period of more than six years, we will endeavour to delete your information.
Who we may share your information with
We do not sell, trade, or transfer your information to outside third parties. This does not include trusted third parties that assist us in operating our business and that provide services on our behalf. This includes web-hosting companies, shipping companies, information technology providers, and third-party marketing companies such as Mailchimp. We do transfer your data to insurance providers, but only with your permission.
We have a number of security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information. Our computer systems are encrypted and password protected, and only a small number of employees have access to this information.
Contacting us about your data
We hope that this has answered any questions that you may have about the way in which your information is processed. If you would like to know the information that we hold about you, or would like us to remove your information from our records, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If are unhappy with the way in which we are using your information, please email us at email@example.com; if your complaint remains unresolved, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk.